10/26/2008

Chore – Baking

I woke up early, as I usually did. I came out of the kennel and I realized that bosk steaks were frizzling. I decided to bake some loaves of yellow breads. I knew that Tuchuks liked such food. Yellow bread is baked of Sa-Tarna grains, which have yellow color. The baked bread also has yellow color.

I knew that Goreans liked bread having round shape, flat loaves. I was kneading alone in the camp. The dawn colored the camp, so it looked differently than in daylight. Sunshine was not hot; it warmed my back and butt.


A woman came out of one of the wagons. She was tall; her slender body was covered with a nice cloak. She came straight to me. I greeted her and we talked a bit. She was as kind as beautiful.


She left and I continued to knead. I put the ready loaves on fire and went to sleep. I hoped that the bread would be ready when the camp would wake up.

No comments: