10/25/2008

Chore – Cleaning boots

I woke up early, earlier than others did. The camp was quiet. Boots were placed in front of the wagons. The dust of the plains covered them. I did not want to make much noise, as others were still sleeping. I decided that cleaning these boots was the best work I could do so early morning.
The sun was rising slowly and the reddish light warmed up my naked body. I gathered the boots and sat down in front of the raising sun.


I inserted my left hand in the first boot. My slim had seemed to be lost in the huge boot. I felt as the cold leather became warm from my body heat. I was rubbing the boot until the pale sunshine reflected from it to my face. Such way, I cleaned all boots. I did not count them; it was more important not to mix boots or their owners.

When I finished the camp was still silent. I returned to the kennel and closed my eyes in my cage.

No comments: