9/22/2008

In the Nest

I came to my senses. I felt something cold when I opened my eyes. I was still bound to the bed and bald people washed me with some liquid; I supposed that it was water. But, I could not be sure. The door opened and a huge, insect like creature entered. I screamed out loudly; my body was shaken in fear.

Some of the people talked to me and I understood it. He tried to calm me down. I did not understand anything. I knew that he did talk in a foreign language. I understood his every word. I did not know what language he spoke. I had heard this language some minutes ago only. Now, I understood it. How could it happen?

He explained that this strange device had made me know this language, which was called Gorean. I learned that I was in a planet called Gor and I had become a slave. I had to serve these insect and their name was Priest-King.

I struggled and I shouted at him angrily. To my surprise, I talked in Gorean in my excitement. Later, I got to know how to talk in Gorean. Gorean words and Gorean grammar were in my head; but I had no practice, yet.

They made me obey. They made me accept my slavery. It was not so long process. They closed me to the room with stoned walls, where I had been awake first. They sometimes came to me and asked questions. If the answer was wrong, then they beat me. The right answer meant food and drink for me. So, it did not require much time to accept my status.

Main food was fungus. I hated it, but it was the only food for slaves. I worked as a servant in the slave kitchen. I prepared fungus for the cook. Days were not interesting. I worked in the kitchen and I had to take shower about seven times a day. I was allowed to sleep when I could move hardly.

I was not on the surface. The town or the nest, as I got to know its name, was built under the surface. Before sleeping, we often talk about the life outside the nest. I learned about the society and habits of Gor from the people, who had lived there. I learned that women served men in the Gor society. I learned much of Gorean life.

I also got to know that insect like creatures were gods here and most of the Gorean people had never seen them. However, I had no idea why I had been taken from Earth.

So, life in the nest was hard and boring.

Once, people came to me. They grabbed me and took away. I was frightened. I did not know what would happen to me. I struggled against them, but they held me tight. We arrived into a room similar to the one, where my hair had been cut down.

Two Priest-Kings looked at me with interest. There was a strange device behind them. I felt that I would learn the purpose of kidnapping me. I did not want to know it. I trembled in fear. Two men took me towards the device when we heard far explosion, which shook the metal walls in the room. We, including the Priest-Kings, were standing frozen for a long moment. Then, insects ran out of the room. I did not know what happened. I did not know that the Nest War was started.

No comments: