9/23/2008

Sisters

I woke up in the empty city. I heard voices from the distance, from behind the tall city gate. I moved closer. The doors seemed to be huge. I pushed them. I knew that I was not strong enough to open locked gate.

A lovely, naked girl approached. I could see her fragile body and waving hips across the grid of the gate. She unlocked the gates and asked me to follow her, as it was Ubar's order. Soon, I knelt before the Ubar. I looked up at him kneeling, while the wind stroked my skin softly.

Another slave came to us and knelt down gracefully. I greeted her. When the words left my lips, I beheld changes on Ubar's face. He chid me loudly. I learned that I had to ask for permission to greet other slaves.

The Ubar looked at me rigorously. He examined my body slowly. His eyes burned my naked skin. He said that I would be branded soon. My body started to shake. I tried to control myself, but my fear was so enormous. I just felt the burning touch of the brand on my sensitive skin. I still remembered the tongue piercing I had received when I had lived on Earth.

I was so afraid that I almost missed the Ubar's next sentence. He said that my name would be changed, too. I love my name; but now, it was totally indifferent for me. I was in horror from the branding ceremony.

The Ubar ordered the girl, who had come for me, to show me around in the camp and in the city. The girl's name was Dream. She moved so gracefully and looked very lovely. She showed me the cellar, where slaves were punished. It was under a house in the city. The entrance of the punishment cellar was hidden so much, that I had not found it earlier.


We left the city, when a kajira called Moonstar joined us. Both girls had an Owner; I was a city slave and I was the only city slave at that time, as I got to know from the girls. We were talking in the kennel, when the Ubar entered. He ordered me to choose of the cages. I selected the cage in the corner, far from the entrance of the wagon.


I went into the cage. I closed my eyes and I tried to sleep.

No comments: