2/17/2008

Ancient Worlds

I did not want to search for an Owner today. On weekends, many people live in SL, some of them will not be online during the week. I did not want to be thrown away again.

I like ancient Greek history so I decided to find such places in SL. I did not find any, but I found two sims which are worth introducing to you.

The first one is Samarkand: A Silk Road City Of Dreams and War. The city is still under construction, perhaps it was the reason why I did not meet anybody there. Mysterious world of east reminds me of exotic atmosphere of harems and strong men. However, it is not a BDSM sim.

Reading the rules, I got to know that it is not recommended to walk naked on the streets of the city. Punishing the disobedient harem girl must be done inside your house.


I was walking in the city wearing silks and veil with the observer title above my head. I liked it. The builder of the city did great work. I decided to return later and observe the city life.


The other location was ROMA (SPQR) - The Ancient Roman Themed Sim. I arrived and looked around in a small room before entering the city. There was interesting reading about the city and I also got free toga. I looked strange for the first sight but later, I started to like it.

The first room I entered from the main square was pottery workshop. In fact, this was a camp site where you could receive a nice crock if you was sitting for five minutes. I sat down on the potter's wheel. I enjoyed it very much and earned two different crocks.


The city is huge. It consists of three sims: the ancient Rome, the ruins, and the resident subdivision. You can find here everything what you could imagine of the life in ancient Rome from the bath to the racecourse. The buildings are not only beautiful but there are interesting built in ideas. For example, I got towel in the bath.

I recommend you to visit the ancient Rome and do not be afraid of the guards. They will not hurt you.

No comments: