12/03/2008

The Prey

When I woke up, my Owner and his friend was playing chess. Fortunately, I did not have to participate in the game.

They finished chess and we descended to the island. We were completely alone there. My Owner explained me the game we would play. The rules were very simple. I had to run and they tried to catch me shooting net at me. We had played similar game fix days ago. However, this time, there were two hunters.


My Owner gave sign and I ran away. I was afraid to look back; I was just running up to the hills and jumped down from the peak. I ran fairly well, predators had to gather all their force to catch me.

Later, I changed my tactics. I did not run far, but I jumped between chasers. They sometimes shot at each other. I was smiling and grasping for air in the small breaks among the rounds.

Then, my Owner decided to bind me by my collar to the ground and I had to run in a small territory. The length of the chain attached was no more than fifteen meter.

Hunters stood near each other. I knew that I did not have any chance to escape. I did not even try to run; I jumped between them immediately. Then I run away and turned to jump between them again.

I liked this tactics and I had fun. Unfortunately, my chasers were not welcome this strategy.

My Owner built and ambush. It was very short for the first time, so I could jump between them without a problem. Then my Owner raised the wall of the ambush. I was running leaned around the ambush and they could not shoot at me. Then he built a roof and lowers the wall. The solution for me was easy, I was jumping on the roof and I turned when I was falling down, so they could not guess where I would be seen.

The perfect solution was changing the transparency of the roof, as I could not hide behind the glass roof.

Please, do not think that the hunters did not do their job well. They were very skillful and they always caught me. The only thing I could do was to increase the time elapsed between two successful shoots.

No comments: