1/14/2008

Escape From The Space Station

I was hiding behind the box. I was waiting there until the corridor became empty, then I left for the higher level. I wanted to find a medical scanner where the doctor inserted into my body the slave chip. I did not know how much time I had. Maybe the Doctor was notified about my attempt to escape.


I had to move quickly and carefully. I examined all corridors and all rooms in front of me. I was afraid that the Doctor would catch me. I was sure that she would kill me at once. When I met people, I walked quietly but my eyes were listening to every motion.

I reached the scanner. Fortunately, there was nobody there. I started to examine its control panel. It took time to understand working principles and set up operations. I hoped that I did everything correctly and the scanner device would remove the chip from my body automatically. There was nothing to do just step in the scanner. The doors closed behind me and metal arms put me in the necessary position.

The device informed that I would be in stasis for about two minutes. I was frightened. During the stasis, I would be unable to move, I would not even know if somebody would come to me. There was no way to return the scanner executed the program.


I lost senses and when I awoke, the doors were still closed. I did not know what happened. Maybe somebody realized my attempt. My heart was beating in my throat. Then the doors opened without any sign.

I stepped out from the scanner. I was in fear as I turned to the console to check what happened. Warm green letters said that my slave chip was removed successfully. I put on my clothes and thought of the next step.



The Doctor leaded me to the Bridge when she took me to the doomed ship. I hoped that I could sneak in the board of a ship. But, the Bridge located on the other end of the station. It took about ten minutes to go to the Bridge. I tried to be quiet while I was walking towards the target. I went slowly and avoided the crowds.

I was almost there when I heard the Doctor's voice. She stood with three persons almost in the center of the Bridge. I did not know what to do. Freedom was so close to me. Freedom or death...

I calmed down and planned my movement. I realized a stair, which leaded to the teleport consoles. The stair bent, so I had chance to sneak unnoticed. I took deep breath and made a move. I moved very slowly keeping as low as I could.

I did it. I squatted in front of the console and I found the right teleport target. It was a ship transporting workers from different planets. Nobody would notice me, because they did not know each other well.

I was sitting in front of a large window and I blamed the stars in the deep space. Soon, I heard that the engines started to work. A moment later, the space station disappeared and my mind smiled.

No comments: