1/05/2008

Gorean City

I was continued searching slave silks. I went a shop offering Gorean weapons. In fact, I wanted to find silk there, not a weapon. All weapons was created as a jewel. They looked very nice. However, I was sure that they are mortal thanks to the built-in script.

The shop was unique. I could not see the real weapons instead of the usual product boards. Guards stood at the entrance. For the first sight, they seemed to be avatars, but, as I went closer to them I realized that they are sculptures only.

I found an interesting and frightening sculpture there. Look at this sculpture.


It is the wildness of Gor what I am afraid. If you look at it carefully then you can realize that the dead body had belonged to a woman.

I decided that it was time to go to a Gorean city. I knew one city, The City of Midgaard. Do you remember my Black Hole Journey? I went to this city without delay.

When I arrived, I got a menu and I asked for the city rules. The citizens can be divided into three categories: warriors, free women and slaves. Warrior can be only men. Free women are next in the hierarchy. Slaves are mostly women but there can be a male slave, too. I heard of panthers, but, I did not know who they were.

If you go to the Gorean city you must wear a special attachment, which shows how much damage you got. This attachment shows if you die. You can go to the city wearing observer tag. It shows that you are not a citizen of any Gor city. If you wear this tag then you cannot participate in the life of the city. You can talk only through IMs.

I selected the observer tag and went to the gate of the city. Yes, it is easy to write. But, I felt very nervous. I did not know what waits for me behind the city walls. At the end, I did the last step and I found myself in the city.

It was unusual after dungeons and shopping centers. I could see nice houses and tidy streets... and crowed. It was very strange. The main square was full of citizens. I could not see an empty street. People walked everywhere.


I had imagined that slaves would sit in a place not moving. In fact, slaves knelt, talked and moved. Wow! Maybe the Gor is not as much as I imagined. I was walking high, on the city walls and I like what I saw. I will like Gorean life, at least I will like for a week.

No comments: